Dear parents and students,
On Monday, October 31, 2011, students will be allowed to dress for the upcoming Halloween holiday. Students are allowed to wear costumes, but must be in compliance with current dress code rules, e.g. clothing shall cover the midriff, underwear, back and cleavage at all times. Skirts, shorts, dresses etc., must be at mid-thigh when the student is seated. Tank tops, low cut tops and spaghetti straps will not be permitted. Straps must be at least 3 inches in width. Masks and full face paint will not be allowed, as we need to be able to determine who the student is. Weapons and facsimiles of weapons are not permitted. Also, costumes must be free of any reference to drugs or alcohol.
Students will be allowed to have temporary hair color, however, the hair dye will need to be completely removed by the student’s return to school on Tuesday, November 1. Students who are not in compliance with the established dress code will be asked to change. If they are unable to change, they will be asked to return home to change or go home.
If you have any questions, please contact FHMS at (801)412-2450.
Also, please note that we will have a Halloween dance after school on Monday, October 31 that will end at 3:45pm.
Fort Herriman Administration
The window for scheduling your Student-Led Conference is
September 19, 2011 through September 29, 2011
Student-Led Conferences is a scheduled activity that includes the students and parent(s) or guardian(s). During the conferences, students will present a portfolio of their work from the beginning of the semester. They will also be setting goals for themselves, and preparing to present their progress to you. The students will be conducting their scheduled Student-Led Conference during the first 15 minutes of the hour of your appointment, in their TA classroom. We then encourage you to visit with all of your student’s teachers, if you choose, during drop-in time, which is the last 45 minutes of each hour.
Step-By-Step Parent/Guardian Instructions
- Visit the school’s homepage (www.fhms.jordan.k12.ut.us/rattlers/) and select Online Scheduler at the top right hand side of the black bar. Then click on the Online Scheduler link.
- From the Online Scheduler Home Page.
- Choose your student’s school (Fort Herriman Middle) from the drop down list and click “GO”
- Enter the school password (diamondbacks).
- Enter your student’s “Student ID”. If you do not know their Student ID, use the LOOKUP STUDENT ID button to find the ID.
- Verify the student’s birth date.
- Your student’s TA teacher will be listed. Check the box next to the name of the teacher.
- If you have more than one student in the school you can see all of your students’ teachers schedules at one time by answering YES to this question “Do you want to schedule conferences for another student?” then repeat the steps above for your other students. If you only have one student, answer NO to that question.
- You will then see the available time slots for each teacher you selected.
- Select the times that work best for your schedule.
- Once you have finished you can confirm your appointment details and print your conference schedule.
- Enter your email address (recommended) if you would like an email reminder sent to you.
- Write down the Confirmation Number (you will need this number to cancel your appointment if that becomes necessary).
Need help? Contact the school’s Online Scheduler specialist:
Name: Nadine Troxel – Phone: 801-412-2450
Art students from FHMS have been asked to put art work in the district board room from October 14th thru November 16th.
We are looking for 30 parent volunteers to serve as emergency substitutes on September 22 and 23 while some FHMS teachers attend an important professional development conference. Please contact Catherine Edwards at email@example.com ASAP if you can help or would like more information.
Orientation for this year's new class of seventh graders will be on August 25th.
The first full day of school for all students will be August 29th.
The math department is offering several different types of math classes to assist our students with the transition into the math core curriculum being implemented this upcoming school year.
Courses are being offered for incoming 7th graders through our current 8th graders at Fort Herriman.
Please talk with your current math teacher about which options are available to you. Forms are also available from your math teacher.
Registration forms are due at Fort Herriman Middle School by the end of the school day on Wednesday, June 1, 2011.
We are beginning a new program here at Fort Herriman Middle School for sending out messages to parents. It is called Skylert. Through this program we are able to send out emails, phone calls and text messages to parents and/or guardians.
This program has already been implemented in our attendance office. If your student has been absent in the last week you have already received phone calls from Skylert.
We would like each family to update their information in Skylert so we have the most current information to get messages to you. You can access this program through Gradebook. On the left hand side you will find the word Skylert. Click on this and it will take you to the screen where you can update and make choices of how you want to be notified. For general information you can choose any or all of the three methods, email, text and phone call. In an emergency situation such as a natural disaster you would be notified by all three methods.
In order to save paper we are going to begin using this informative system this year. We are hoping this way more parents will get the notices that are sent out. Notes will also be posted on our website. This won’t completely take the place of notes sent home, as some notes from other entities will still need to be sent home with students.
Thank you in advance for updating your information. We will be sending out notification of next year’s enrollment procedures using this method, which will be handled completely on line for the 2011/12 school year. If you have any questions please call 801-412-2450.
Fort Herriman Middle School